Great news! Dryer sheets, both fresh out of the box and used, aren’t just for clothing anymore. There is SO much more you can do with these little squares of lingering fragrance.
You will never look at another dryer sheet the same way again and that’s totally OK! Re-purposing items is the best way to be frugal.
16 Uses for Dryer Sheets
1. Do you love crafts? Use dryer sheets to add texture to projects such as scrapbook pages and homemade greeting cards.
2. Roll up a sheet and place it inside your toilet paper tubes. With every spin, a little fragrance is released into the air keeping your bathroom fresh always.
3. Get rid of wet dog odors! Wiping down your pooch when he or she comes in from the rain with a dryer sheet will take that wet dog spell right off. Rumor has it, this works for cats too!
4. Want to kiss soap scum and minerals in your shower good-bye? Simply dampen a dryer sheet or two and start scrubbing.
5. If you have a library of old books or photo albums, put a sheet in each one. It does wonders, in regard to keeping musty smells at bay.
6. Use a dryer sheet to pick up unwanted pet hair from furniture and human hair from the bathroom. They act like a lint roller.
7. If applique quilting is your thing, use the sheets to reinforce some of your handiwork. the stiffness of the sheet will help hold your work together.
8. Re-use dryer sheets to prevent “dirty diaper” smell. Simply cut each sheet in half and roll one of the halves up into each diaper.
9. Clean latex paint off of paint brushes, using a dryer sheet. To do this you will need to first, soak the brushes in warm water. Then, simply wipe each one with a sheet. The paint magically disappears… well almost!
10. Tidy up your washer and dryer with ease. Each time you finish drying a load, use the dryer sheet to wipe down the outside of the washer and dryer and also the lint trap and inside of the drum. This is also preventive maintenance to reduce the chance of a lint fire.
11. Reduce static cling on your clothes and body with a dryer sheet. Simply “pat down” the affected area and you’ll be good to go. This method even works on your hair.
12. Tape a dryer sheet on the inside of your HVAC vents. Doing so circulates fragrant air throughout your home. You can also do the same thing to your ceiling fan blades.
13. Dryer sheets are fantastic for dusting off almost any surface you can think of… everything from furniture to window blinds to car interiors and more.
14. Bid farewell to stinky footwear. Make it a habit to pop a dryer sheet into each shoe as soon as you bring them home from the store. This keeps them smelling brand-new longer.
15. Tired of dead bugs encrusted on your windshield? Dryer sheets to the rescue! It’s as easy as wetting down the glass and scrubbing with a dry sheet.
16. Keep clothes smelling fresh, while traveling. Place a few dryer sheets in between layers and you’re ready to begin your adventure.
These are just 16 of many creative dryer sheet uses. As you can see, it’s a very versatile product. One capable of assisting you both inside your home and out.