Lets face it – oatmeal is not a staple item in most people’s diet. Personally I love just cooking the plain oats on the stove with sugar on top but that’s fairly boring to most, especially my kids. It’s very healthy for you in many ways. Here are a few fun facts about this fiber food:
- Oats may reduce your risk of getting cancer – The American Cancer society recommends eating a high fiber diet.
- A single bowl can keep you full until lunch– There is beta-glucan in oatmeal which helps stabilize blood sugar which helps curb those cravings.
- Reduces cholesterol and is good for your heart– Those who eat a lot of fiber have a 10 – 12% lower risk of having a stroke or getting a heart disease according to a 2003 study.
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa – The largest producer of oats and the home of Quaker Oats company.
- January is Oatmeal – You can score these oats a reduced costs from your local grocery this whole month
Easily prepared numerous ways, you can even get a cookbook on it. I went on a hunt to find multiple ways to consume this fiber as I know 99% of people probably do not like them the way I do. I have located 15 delicious concoctions for you to try. Give them a try and report back!
Better yet- Have a recipe your family loves? Let me know in the comments!
Cookies! Perfect for my kid’s after school snacks!
Cinnamon Apple Oatmeal Cookies – by Raias Recipes
I’d totally put some Log Cabin Buttery Syrup on these!
Overnight Almond Oatmeal Waffles – by Raias Recipes
Looks amazing for a quick breakfast on the go!
Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Smoothie – by Raias Recipes
My son loves to bake and he eyed this one already – added to my list of “to makes”!
Baked Banana Oatmeal – by There’s A Cook In My Kitchen
Everything’s better with a little cinnamon – I can not wait to make this!
Baked Oatmeal With Apples, Bananas And Cinnamon – by There’s A Cook In My Kitchen
They had me at the strawberries- YUM!
Banana Oatmeal Pancakes – by There’s A Cook In My Kitchen
Fresh fruit always gets me. Warm oatmeal and fresh fruit – Yes, Please!
Paleo Oatmeal – by A Girl Worth Saving
Banana and Cream Oatmeal – by A Girl Worth Saving
Soaked Oatmeal – by Our Small Hours
I’m feeling a breakfast burrito here- anyone else?
3-Ingredient Gluten-Free Oat Wraps – by Natural Chow
Breakfast time or snack time – anytime!
Skinny Banana Oatmeal Smoothie – by Natural Chow
I really doubt these would last long at my house with 4 kids!
Banana and Oatmeal Oven Cakes – by Holistic Health Herbalist
Perfect for Paleo dieters!
Egg-Free Coconut Paleo Oatmeal – by Holistic Health Herbalist
No sugar! Don’t tell the kids!
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Bread (No flour, no sugar) – by Living Sweet Moments
Simply amazing looking!
Strawberries And Cream Overnight Oats – by Living Sweet Moments