On March 10, 2016 Nestle USA announced a voluntary recall on a limited number of DiGiorno, Lean Cuisine, and Stouffer’s products.
Apparently, they are stating that these products could possibly contain small pieces of GLASS that may cause injury. Many consumers have reported these findings which triggered the recall. To date no injuries have been reported, however. There are 14 products from specific productions that are involved. To check your products look at the side of the packaging for the production codes.
Reports are that the glass shards is believed to have come from the spinach these 14 products all have in common.
Nestle Recall Products:
- DiGiorno Thin & Crispy Spinach and Garlic Pizza
- DiGiorno Rising Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- DiGiorno pizzeria Thin Crust Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- DiGiorno pizzeria Tuscan-style Chicken Pizza
- Lean Cuisine Spinach and Mushroom Pizza
- Lean Cuisine Spinach Artichoke Ravioli
- Lean Cuisine Ricotta and Spinach Ravioli
- Lean Cuisine Spinach, Artichoke & Chicken Panini
- Lean Cuisine Mushroom Mezzaluna Ravioli
- Stouffer’s Vegetable Lasagna (10 oz., 37 oz. and 96 oz. sizes)
- Stouffer’s Spinach Soufflé
- Stouffer’s Chicken Lasagna
For a complete list of products and productions codes for all 14 items you can visit the press release Nestle has posted on their website. If you may have purchased one of the listed products you are urged to contact Nestle and they will make it right by you.